This course explores modern databases that do not strictly follow the relational database design and SQL. Advantages and disadvantages will be discussed. Students will be required to work
with at least one NoSQL databases and write a program that utilizes it.
Credits: 3,prerequisites: CMPS 163, CMPS 261.
- Decide when NoSQL databases are applicable.
- List the differences between SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Explain the tradeoffs of NoSQL databases.
- Analyze scalability considerations.
- Learn to work with at least one NoSQL database.
- NoSQL databases
- Query languages