In this course the student will demonstrate their mastery of material undertaken in coursework by selecting and creating a programming solution to a significant business application. The group will work together to construct their solution and present a working model of their problem to the class. This project is designed to give the student a hands on demonstration of their coursework suitable for a portfolio of accomplishments.
Credits: 3, prerequisites: all I.T. Core classes.
Module 1: Business Model Canvas
Module 2: Building a Prototype: Requirements, Architecture, APIs, and Security
Module 3: Building a Prototype: The Front End
Module 4: Building a Prototype: The Back End
Module 5: Building a Prototype: Business Analytics
Module 6: Building a Prototype: Finding Customers
Module 7: Refining the Prototype: Requirements, Architecture, APIs, and Security
Module 8: Refining the Prototype: The Front End
Module 9: Refining the Prototype: The Back End
Module 10: Refining the Prototype: Business Analytics
Module 11: Refining the Prototype: Finding Customers
Module 12: Delivering the Prototype and First Release
Module 13: Project Delays and Enhancements
Module 14: Project Delays and Enhancements
Module 15: Final Exam
- Define business and user requirements for a software application.
- Develop and deploy a software application including a front end and back end component.
- Apply a business analytics approach as a component of the software application.
- Document the development process including security considerations.
- Collaborate in different roles as part of a team environment.
- Present results at various stages of development in a professional manner.
- Data driven applications
- Team dynamics
- Working models
- Presentation dynamics
- Justification process