Techniques for the design of computer networks beyond the user level are discussed. Perspectives on network design, estimation of traffic demand and application requirements, network cost analysis, topological design, and virtual network design, wireless network design issues are also discussed.
Credits: 3, prerequisites: CMPS 161.
- Describe how networks work.
- Explain how the Internet works.
- List and explain the protocols that make these possible.
- Explain how ARP, IP, TCP, and UDP work and how they are related.
- Develop client-server programs or something similar.
- Network topologies
- Network protocols
- Security considerations
- Writing client-server programs