This class will provide an overview of computer security. The concepts of security in the context of the digital world will be discussed. The nuts and bolts of threat prevention, detection and removal are discussed. The student will be required to use a lab environment to simulate troubleshooting, preventing and fixing problems.
Credits: 3, prerequisites: CMPS 161.
- Prepare information and present material in a professional manner.
- Research developments in the application of computer security in a business environment and report the findings.
- Assess security needs in a business environment.
- Explain the design and implementation of security systems.
- Use tools to analyze, detect and remove threats.
- Use tools to analyze network traffic.
- Security vulnerabilities
- Buffer overflows
- Current state of available tools
- Analyzing network traffic