Setting Up an Account
Creating an account on GitHub is relatively straightforward. We have to go through the following steps:
- Go to GitHub and create an account.
- Fill out Username, Email, and Password. Remember what you enter!
- Select Unlimited public repositories for free.
- Select Skip this step.
- Select Start a project.
- Open your email and click on the link to verify your email address.
- Enter a repository name (call it homepage the first time) and (optionally) a description.
- Click on Press create repository.
Now we will create a repository from the command line with
git, so please continue with this tutorial.