CMPS 160: Databases
One important method in database development is stored procedures. The provide an important layer of security between the user interface and the database. It supports security through data access controls because end users may enter or modify data, but do not write procedures, it improves productivity because statements in a stored procedure only must be written once.
Language skills required for writing a stored procedure in SQL (Structured Query Language) code that you can save, to allow the code to be reused over again. You can pass parameters, and consolidate a list of SQL functions and or processes under a single umbrella.
- Learn how to create and user views
- Learn about the benefits of using views
- Learn how to create scripts to call a stored procedure
- Learn how to use conditional statements in a Stored Procedure ( IF and CASE statements, loops, cursors and condition handlers).
- Module 11 Readings: Chapter 13
- Module 11 Slides: Chapter 13
- Module 11 Assignment: Page 398 of the textbook, section 1-6.
For Further Study